- What is Personalized Care?
- Do you only deal with Seniors?
- Are your caregivers bonded and insured?
- How do I know that your Caregivers are trustworthy and that I will be safe?
- How do you select your Caregivers?
- Will I have consistency in the caregivers I receive?
- Can I choose the times that my caregiver visits me?
- Is there a charge for an Initial Consultation?
- What happens if my Caregiver is sick?
- Do you provide your personalized services to people already living in nursing homes or retirement homes?
- How do you communicate with family members?
- Who benefits from in-home care?
- How quickly can in-home care services begin?
- Where are Preferred Care at Home's services available?
- What if I'm not living in my house? Can I still obtain your services?
- We take the time to get to know you as an individual so that we can properly address your needs and concerns
- By getting to know you and learning about what you want out of your care, we create a customised care plan that takes into account your personal preferences and requirements.
- Your services are performed by a hand-picked caregiver that is both personable and qualified to meet your needs.
- Your services are scheduled when YOU choose.We are available by phone 24 hours a day, to listen to any concerns regarding your home or health care, and to address them promptly.
If I feel that I need help, why should I choose home care over a retirement home?
While moving to a retirement home is often seen as unavoidable when an individual is faced with health concerns or a decline in overall health, Home Care is also a viable option. Here's Why:
- Your home is where you feel safe and at ease, and is also where many of your memories are. Studies have proven that we are able to heal more quickly when we are at home in our own environments.
- You are able to maintain your independence.
- By staying at home, you can avoid the cost of accommodation and food that would be incurred at a retirement home.
- Most retirement homes require that you pay for extra care by the hour, just as you would at home.
- There are many subsidies that you may be able to access for health care within your home.
While our emphases and expertise focus primarily on Seniors, our services remain available to anyone in need of assistance with daily personal care.
Our caregivers are experienced and well-trained in delivering care to individuals of all ages.
Yes, all our caregivers are bonded and fully insured.
Our strict and thorough screening process ensures that all of our caregivers meet the highest possible standards for the delivery of health care services. Each and every member of staff has an up-to-date criminal record check, and are all legal citizens of Canada. We provide on-going professional training, require annual CPR certification, and have a computer system that notifies us when their individual registrations are due (i.e. nursing registration).
Regular "Supervisory Visits" are made to your home by our Case Managers in order to make absolutely certain that the care you are receiving meets the standards that we, and you, expect. These visits are arranged with you, but remain unknown to your caregivers, who know that they will receive 'surprise' visits from Supervisors and must, therefore, be on their best behaviour and work to the absolute best of their ability at all times. Your safety is our top priority.
We expect a great deal out of each and every one of our employees, and don't just trust anyone to care for our clients. The following requirements must be met in order for an individual to be employed by Infinity Healthcare:
- Strong people skills that will be conducive to improving our clients' quality of life.
- A college certificate as a Nurse, Personal Support Worker, Home Support Worker or Health Care Aide, or equivalent/necessary experience in dealing with the ill and/or elderly.
- Annual Criminal Record Check
- Annual CPR Certification
- Annual Flu ShotsUpon an applicant's hiring, they undergo an orientation by our management team. This orientation involves, briefing, and testing of the new employees on our policies and procedures, as well as on common laws and practices related to health care. All employees also meet with each Client Care Manager to be asked questions and ensure no problems or inconsistencies arise. In most cases, the first shift worked by an employee also involves a visit by one of our Client Care Managers, in order to help ensure that the new employee is properly supervised and is following all rules and guidelines.
Yes, one of our goals is to provide you with a consistent group of caregivers so that you can become comfortable and begin to develop relationships with the people who come to your home. We strongly encourage that that each client accepts a minimum of 2 caregivers to alternate shifts; in order to allow for more convenient and familiar backup if one employee gets sick or takes a vacation.
Yes, you are able to choose the times of all of your visits. We will work with your schedule and preferences, whether they be that your caregiver is with you in the mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnights, or weekends. You can also choose the length and frequency of your visits.
The initial consultation comes with no charge and no obligation. This consultation is booked at your convenience in your place of residence, and its purpose is for us to get to know you as an individual, and to help you explore and understand the care options that might suit you. After this meeting, you can take as much time as you require to decide. We will address any of your questions and concerns without any pressure for you to accept service.
Your safety and protection is our top priority. Should one of our Caregivers fall ill, they are instructed to call our offices and refrain from going into work in order to avoid taking any chances of passing along colds or flus. Upon being notified that a caregiver is ill, we will call you to make alternate arrangements that suit your needs and preferences. We will often contact an alternate caregiver who knows you to have them fill the shift.
Yes. All of our health care services are available to you in whatever facility you may reside in. Our services are flexible, and can follow you from place to place should your location change. Should you need to spend some time in the hospital, for example, we can supply extra care in the hospital setting until your return home. For individuals already living in a nursing home, we can provide any additional or supplementary services that the institution does not.
We communicate with designated family members as needed and as requested. Our privacy policies and regulations regarding whom we share information with are very strict. It is, therefore, important to establish who should be contacted ahead of time, as well as what capacity to which information should be divulged. It is, however, our pleasure to notify family members of changes when they occur.
A: Anyone who needs assistance to function independently at home. At Infinity Healthcare, you can get as little as an hour of help or as much as 24 hours a day, depending on your specific needs.
A: As quickly as you need them. We provide a reliable, compassionate, affordable caregiver on your timeframe, according to your needs.
A: We have an ever-increasing number of locations throughout the Alberta.
A: Yes. Our services can be provided at hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, nursing homes, assisted living facilities or your home. Where and how you receive services is up to you.
- How are caregivers selected?
- Can I choose my caregiver?
- What happens in an emergency?
A: All our caregivers are first and foremost compassionate people with a heart for seniors. In addition, every caregiver goes through a seven-step screening process, which includes criminal and abuse background investigations.
A: You're in control of who cares for you. Before services are started, your professional care coordinator visits you for a free home evaluation. The information he or she gathers is designed to help select your caregiver and make an ideal match-up. Then, we always advise that you have a special face-to-face interview with your potential caregiver. If for any reason this person doesn't meet your expectations, a simple call to the office is all that's needed to make a caregiver change. We strive for 100-percent client satisfaction.
A: Our 24-hour on-call personnel are ready to promptly provide that emergency replacement should the need arise.